Post by M-92 Mantis on Aug 11, 2012 12:56:15 GMT -7
These are things that will result in an instant ban, usually permanent, and for us to come in contact with other Ginga sites to let them know that you can be a possible problem for them as well. Please note that these are just for the extremes, though within our own terms of service, staff can and will ban any members they see fit due to any sort of extreme behavior, even if said behavior is not specifically mentioned in our regulations. Instant or permanent bans are to ensure the comfort and safety of our forum; action will be taken by staff members against any severe harassment or conduct.
- Absolutely NO pornography or real imagery of violence/gore/abuse in any way - Yoshihiro Takahashi's stories involve a great deal of violence, and sometimes gore, but this is the limit they are allowed, and only if they are from a fake source like a show/manga/movie/etc. Any pictures or videos of actual abuse, gore or disturbing imagery that happened will get you an immediate ban. Sexual imagery at an NC17 rating is forbidden in all areas.
- Harassment of any kind will lead to immediate banning - If you feel a certain member is trying to get your attention in some way, or is harassing or even stalking you, please contact me in a personal message and I will handle it immediately. You must also show evidence of any harassment for us to take action. If you have made it clear to someone you do not want to be contacted, or have blocked them, and they continue to try PMing you or talking to you, that is against our rules. Harassment can also be people obviously trying to start drama, making a discussion uncomfortable, and alienating others from a thread.
- DO NOT CLAIM OUR SCANLATIONS AS YOUR OWN - This will get you banned immediately, lead to us reporting you on other sites. The scanlations are made only by the staff of Ginga Scans, and any outside help will be mentioned here by the staff, so if someone says otherwise or is trying to distribute the scanlations as their own, please PM one of the admins so we can handle it.
Here's an example of a permanent and immediate ban, where we warned other Ginga sites we knew to keep an eye out for the same member so they wouldn't start trouble at other places. This was an actual post, triggered by nothing other than the fact this person held hatred towards us because we haven't finished scanlating the entirety of Ginga immediately. He also grew angry at the reality that we have jobs, school, family, and our own lives that we live when we are not spending our free time, without any pay, to make scanlations for people who are grateful for it. In short, this kind of behavior is gonna get you kicked out immediately, because being this insanely rude or immature over people not appreciating your attitude shows that you cannot be reasoned with and you obviously have no respect for anyone on this site.
This guy is an asshole. Please don't be an asshole.
Suspension or Temporary Banning:
Things in this category will most likely lead to a suspension, temporary banning, or even a permanent ban if the behavior is continuous or extreme. The consequences change depending on the severity of the behavior or malice behind an action.
- All content such as comments, images, videos, etc. all must be of a PG-13 rating - This is an overall rule to give you a general idea of what you may post here. Because Ginga is not a show or manga meant for children, this site is not going to be protective of younger members seeing content that they might not find suitable. Swearing, posting violent/gory/disturbing imagery from Ginga is to be expected, and is not a violation of our rules. However... this means swearing should not take up half of your post with you going "Fuck this and fuck that and this fucking bullshit is fucking annoying me" and so forth. Any violent/gory/disturbing imagery must be suitable for the PG-13 rating and may NOT be of real content, such as actual child/animal/any abuse, distasteful photos of murder scenes, pornography, or nudity. As for saying lewd, sexual, or obscene things, this must also be kept tame enough for a PG13 rating. Depending on what you post and how graphic or mature it is, you can expect to have anything from a warning to a permanent ban.
- Any sort of drama is not allowed - We do not condone hatespeech in any form, but we also do not push our own beliefs or opinions onto others. Don’t be overly disrespectful and don’t be overly sensitive to any sort of topic. Don’t get worked up over any threads, discussions or other member’s opinions and certainly do not try and start anything with the community or staff. Members unwilling to quit their drama may be temporarily or even permanently banned.
- No discussions about heavy, controversial, or sensitive subject matter - To avoid said drama, we do not allow topics or discussion about heavy-handed material, such as rape, abortion, politics, gender, religion, or any current media news that causes frenzied internet drama. We all get along just fine without having to force and bring up our opinions about matters that are quick to offend or annoy others.
Warnings - Low and High
Warnings are usually given twice before a third strike leads to suspension, a temporary ban or even a permanent ban. Low warnings can be considered to be given more warnings than two and a high warning can be that you only get a single one before being suspended or banned. This depends on the severity of an action, how frequent your rule-breaking is, or how intentional the rule-breaking may seem.
- Register with one account
- Read this thread here (click me) before asking anything about GDW scanlations or where to find our stuff on the forum.
- No double-posting - If you want to bump a topic, you may double post once a week (the limit is THREE posts to bump a topic).
- No advertising (without permission) and no requests to be on the GS staff
- Don't shitpost.
Shitpost (plural shitposts)(Internet, slang, vulgar, pejorative)
A worthless post consisting of nothing but emoticons or being off-topic on a messageboard.
- Don't constantly ask staff for updates on a scanlation.
- No spoilers of any of the newest Ginga series or other content by Yoshi in the shoutbox. Some members choose not to see any of the latest stories due to following the Ginga series in chronological order, or until we can officially scanlate them. Any content in them should be held in their discussion boards so other members don't see any spoilers on deaths and such.
- Even though the shoutbox is easier to share instant links together, remember about our current PG-13 content rule.